Scaletta Armoring Careers
Our greatest resource is our team: the men and women who contribute daily to the effort of protecting people worldwide. Please consider joining this exceptional group and helping make products that are Built for Life.
Working at Scaletta
As a condition of employment, all new employees must obtain a U.S. Security Clearance. Scaletta will sponsor your clearance application, which must be filed within two weeks of your start date. Clearances are available to native-born and naturalized US Citizens. To learn more about the criteria for obtaining a personal clearance, click here.
Most applicants don't already have a clearance: to apply at Scaletta you just need to qualify for a clearance. The requirements are described in the above section. We'll help you in the clearance application process.
Production personnel are part of Scaletta's collective bargaining agreement with Mechanics' Local 701. New employees are required to join the union following their probation period.
Scaletta Armoring is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor. We are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in access, employment and participation. To fulfill our commitment, Scaletta has adopted an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement and has established an Affirmative Action Plan.
Current Openings - SCALETTA IS HIRING!
PRODUCTION MANAGER [NEW]
Scaletta Armoring is seeking a highly-skilled, motivated and experienced Production Manager to join our armored vehicle manufacturing team in Bedford Park, Illinois.
This role will plan, organize and control production. The Production Manager must ensure products are manufactured efficiently, on time, cost effectively and meet the Company’s high-quality standards. In addition, this person will be responsible for maintaining a safe, clean and organized work environment.
· Lead and manage production for all products at Scaletta Armoring
· Plan and schedule production activities and supervise the production process
· Identify and drive process improvement across the production operation
· Work with management to effectively solve production problems
· Manage, motivate, and develop direct reports to deliver the goals of the organization
· Drive and deliver high quality products on every job
· Implement and enforce quality control and tracking programs to meet quality objectives
· Analyze production and quality control to detect and correct problems
· Ensure equipment/machinery is properly maintained
· Reduce Production Costs and Drive Efficiency
· Drive efficient and cost-effective production processes to reduce labor and material costs
· Continuously seek out cost reduction opportunities and implement cost control programs
· Ensure all processes remain compliant with OSHA and other governmental regulations
· Communicate to employees that safety is top priority for the Company
· Ensure all employees follow industry standard health and safety guidelines
· Maintain a safe, clean and organized production area
Minimum of 5 years of experience in a production management role in a manufacturing environment.
Experience in metals or automotive preferred.
Previous experience being responsible for the safety, quality, production, cost, people management and maintenance of a production unit.
Exceptionally strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Solid Computer skills
Ability to work efficiently under tight timelines and achieve results, while maintaining high quality
Excellent analytical, problem-solving, teamwork and leadership skills.
As a condition of employment, new employees must be able to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance. Clearances are available to native-born and naturalized US citizens. Most applicants don’t already have a clearance – to apply at Scaletta Armoring, you just need to qualify for a clearance. Scaletta will sponsor your application after hiring.
Automotive Painter Technicians [NEW]
Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform needed body work to include use of bondo for repairs
Prepare vehicles for painting to include cleaning, sanding and priming
Prepare to specification and finished paint vehicles
Wet, sand and buff finished vehicle
Ensure proper maintenance of booth
Ensure proper usage and storage of painting products
Prep work, Final paint application
Required Skills and Abilities
Previous related experience or technical training
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, spec sheet and paint manufacturer requirements
PROJECT MANAGER [NEW]
Entry-level Project Manager to be responsible for helping manage the engineering and manufacturing tasks that projects involve. You will help schedule, plan, forecast, resource and manage the production activities aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from kickoff to completion.
Project Manager Responsibilities Include:
Help with preparing, scheduling, coordinating and monitoring the assigned engineering projects
Monitoring compliance to company practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications
Interacting daily with the production team to help maximize production efficiency and quality
Reviewing deliverable requirements and initiating appropriate corrective actions
Proven problem-solving and organization skills
Advanced MS Office skills
Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
Project management skills
Decision making ability and leadership skills
PAINT PREP TECHNICIANS
* Body preparation, priming, rough paint
* Perform needed body work to include use of body filler for repairs
* Prepare vehicles for painting to include cleaning, sanding and priming
* Wet, sand and buff finished vehicle
* Ensure proper maintenance of booth
* Previous related experience or technical training REQUIRED
* PPG Experience a PLUS
Candidates must have organization and management skills and the ability to work effectively with people to meet applicable quality, delivery and cost goals. This is a floor level supervisory position, supervising 20 to 25 employees. Position includes:
1. Coordinating production, tooling, equipment, personnel, and materials
2. Supervising production personnel
3. Forecasting material needs
4. Leading, managing, and monitoring safety, quality, and efficiency
Requirements: 2+ years of relevant manufacturing/assembly experience; the ability to organize, manage, prioritize and direct multiple tasks; email and google-type scheduling skills and basic knowledge of Excel.
Knowledge and/or experience with MRP software, CAD, project management a plus, but not required. Bilingual a plus.
Submit your application or resume
If you would like to submit your application or resume online, fill out the form below and email documents in PDF form to hr - at - scaletta.com